Monday, September 23, 2013

Book review : Kissing My Old Life Au Revoir

Kissing My Old Life Au RevoirKissing My Old Life Au Revoir by Eliza Watson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paris! Just the name is enough to awaken snoozing butterflies in my stomach. If there's one place I'd rather be now, it is Paris. After reading countless expat blogs, Lonely Planet's guide to Paris, watching 'Midnight in Paris', in fact visiting Paris itself; the charm of the 'City of Lights' never ceases.

About a year ago, I planned a Euro trip with the major halt in Paris. Then I was living in London since 6 months; my hubby was in India and we were supposed to take this trip together after being apart for six months. Now you can imagine, how excited I was. But last minute visa problems for DH meant the trip was cancelled. I spent the entire weekend soaking all the available tissues and threatening to flood the Thames. It must've been my non-stop bawling that even my roomies prayed for the trip to somehow workout. And surprise, surprise, the Visa was granted on Monday; hubs took an immediate(read expensive) flight to UK and the trip was ON!! But unfortunately, this also meant we had to cut short out time in Paris. With just one day, we tried to make most of Paris but till this date, I mourn the loss of those 4 days.

Oh but why have I been rambling about Paris so much; it is since I happened to read this lovely book "Kissing My Old Life Au Revoir" by Eliza Watson this weekend. It brought back lovely memories! I've read many more novels with Paris as backdrop just to virtually be there but this is one of the very few which actually introduces you the the places, the people, their lives & their passion.

Samantha is an event planner, works 60+ hours a week, manages to fulfill all the demands(however irritating they are) her clients make, financial security is of utmost importance to her and is expecting a promotion very soon. She arrives in Paris for a job and decides to stay with her carefree little sister Libby for a day, what she doesn't know is that Libby is very much pregnant. When she isn't offered the well deserved promotion and Libby goes missing; Samantha's life goes berserk. Throw in a sexy puppeteer, funeral crashing psychic and you are set for a lazy weekend.

What I really loved about this book is that it isn't another brainless chick lit, it is far more than that. You grow with the characters, relax to the life and adjust to the surroundings. This is one of the stories where you long for a happy ending! I'd definitely recommend it for an easy read!
View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I am little reader ..Will look for these book ,if i find it i will be more than happy

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment & I'll love you forever!!